Monday, February 28, 2011

My Muses - Eternal Spirits Corsetry

Eternal Spirits are a Nottingham based Bridal and Corsetry company who make all their beautiful bespoke designs in house, something rare and special in our mass produced world.

I've been working with Eternal Spirits for over 5 years now and have become firm friends with it's founder Susi Henson. After making some dramatic changes to the business last year Susi came to me for a rebrand. Good friend and colleague of mine Matt Vickerstaff of Darkwave Art had already done a marvellous job of redesigning her logo, so it was put to me to redesign her stationery, using the logo and a digital collage of real vintage found objects and my illustrations. 
Susi adores Alice in Wonderland and this became a constant reference for our designs, we aimed to create a sense of beauty, wonder and quirky uniqueness that would set her designs apart from other companies and make people want to pick things up and look deeper into the artwork. This is even more evident in the illustration work I've been creating for her (soon to be revealed) new website design, which will feature in a follow up blog.   


Susi and I are also working on a collaborative bridal and boudoir brochure which will showcase both her designs and my artwork, we aim to create an object of  beauty which will surpass the normal content of a brochure and become an keepsake addition to any bookshelf! More on this soon! ...

No comments:

Blog Posts by Category

Art (33) Burlesque (18) Nottingham (18) Dr Sketchy (12) Pin Up (8) My Muses (6) Digikit (4)