Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wedding Fever of the Royal Variety

Royal Wedding Artwork for Love My Dress Blog
 Firstly I'd like to apologise for a lack of blogging lately, the workload here at 'Chez Chaz' has gone through the roof, it's been several weeks of early starts and late nights just to keep up.

So what have I been up to? Well Spring as we know is Wedding time so I've been working hard for lots of lovely brides and grooms. You'll notice a few new quirky couple portraits up on my bridal and boudoir page including my favourite, the showgirl/photographer surfing couple! It just goes to show that you can be as unique and off the wall as you want when it comes to your wedding! They used their portrait as a super original invitation, how would you use yours?

I'll have more invitations to show you all soon, my oldest friend is getting married in August and I had to honour of creating her invitations all covered in beautiful pencils drawings of vintage flowers and birds. You may not even recognise my work on them so I'm looking forward to showing off the fact there's more to me than just pin up girls! ;o)  There will be a special blog post all about these very soon.

Since we're talking weddings it's impossible not to mention 'THE' wedding! I've been hard at work creating a Royal Wedding inspired illustration for Love My Dress Blog, which you can see at the top of this blog post! And since we're on a theme - here's Britannia, one I made earlier!



I'm also currently working on a joint promotional project with my good friend Susi at Eternal Spirits Bridal and Corsetry.  I'm designing a brochure which will feature both our bridal and boudoir design services in a lovely glossy keepsake booklet. Here are two images I've been working on which will feature in the booklet, both have been painted wearing Eternal Spirits designed bridal gowns.  The brochure will have a vintage tea party inspired look with lots of pretty florals and watercolour embellishments. Take a look at the holding page for the brand new Eternal Spirits Website to get a taste of what's in store!

 That's all for now, I hope you all enjoy the royal bank holiday tomorrow. My wedding dress predictions are as follows - simple, elegant, fitted, floor length with a fishtail style small train, understated tiara, and maybe a flash of back!  (I'm probably so wrong!)

Charlotte x

No comments:

Blog Posts by Category

Art (33) Burlesque (18) Nottingham (18) Dr Sketchy (12) Pin Up (8) My Muses (6) Digikit (4)