Wednesday, March 31, 2010

'My Muses' Fleur du Mal

As you may already know 'My Muses' is new feature on my blog/website, showcasing people who have featured in my artwork or who have commissioned artwork over the last 5 years.

Fleur Du Mal is a burlesque performer based in the Midlands, I've had the pleasure of producing both a portrait piece and a graphical logo for her over the years and have had Fleur perform at many of the events I've been involved in.

Here's what Fleur had to say when I got in touch with her about 'My Muses' -

"My name is Fleur du Mal, and I am a burlesque performer, pinup model and professional nerd based in the glorious East Midlands. Charlotte's work first came to my attention when I saw the fabulous portraits of the Deville Dolls she drew for the Pitty Patt club posters and flyers.

Her style struck me immediately and I knew I wanted to work with her one day.
When that day came, ChLinkarlotte was incredibly helpful. I wanted a portrait which encapsulated my stage persona: vintage pinup style with a vampish twist. Charlotte took that limited brief and worked with me to create something that was exactly right. I absolutely adore my portrait and I'd definitely recommend Charlotte to anyone looking for an artist for any occassion!"
You can get in touch with Fleur Du Mal at
www.badflower.co.uk fleur(at)badflower.co.uk

Photo of Fleur by our good friend and Dr Sketchy Birmingham host Candee Photography




No comments:

Blog Posts by Category

Art (33) Burlesque (18) Nottingham (18) Dr Sketchy (12) Pin Up (8) My Muses (6) Digikit (4)