Monday, August 1, 2011

Important News

 I have been fortunate enough to be offered a full time traditional illustration role at an international software company, an opportunity which was too good to pass up! I will be starting on August 8th.

My own business will continue to operate but on a much smaller capacity, I fully intend to continue working with existing and ongoing clients. Existing clients and ongoing projects will take main priority to ensure that my commitments can continue to be fulfilled.   I will be retaining approx 6 regular ongoing clients including What Katie Did, Love My Dress Blog, Nora Draper, Eternal Spirits, White Room Bridal Boutique and The Wet Spot Leeds.

Sadly this means that I most likely will not be taking on any new clients or projects for approx the next 6 months, this will be reviewed in January 2012.  My aim is that all portrait commissions and business start up projects (one off logos & branding) will be complete (or nearly complete) prior to my starting this new job.

If you are interested in commissioning artwork or portraiture please still feel free to get in touch, particularly if you have a long deadline (more than 6 months!) for your project. I'm always happy to discuss and see if I can squeeze in extra work, or recommend a suitable alternative designer or artist to myself. Please understand though that short deadline projects will be impossible for me to fulfill, I simply won't have enough hours in the day.

That just leaves me to say a massive thank you to everyone who has supported me over the last 5 years of business and who led me to this new job, if my portfolio wasn't crammed with your lovely portraits, logos and illustrations I would never have been offered this job, I'm hugely grateful. I will continue to produce vintage pin up girls, bridal portraits and fine art so do watch this space!

Lastly, here is a little sneak peek at my Test Brief illustrations that helped me win this job...the theme of the brief being Fairies!


1 comment:

lipsticklori said...

Congratulations! You must be thrilled :-)

Blog Posts by Category

Art (33) Burlesque (18) Nottingham (18) Dr Sketchy (12) Pin Up (8) My Muses (6) Digikit (4)